Sunday, July 29, 2012

Darbydale

I spent yesterday about 30 minutes outside of the city in a small town called Darbydale. A few of my friends recently moved out there after graduation and I've been a few times but never during the day and never with my camera! So I was so so so excited to spend the day there yesterday.

Our friend showed us around the property, we stepped through thorns and climbed over and under fences and I stopped along the way to photograph the entire thing. My friend and I are planning a return trip to hold a photoshoot, its such a perfect area!










After wandering around the property we went to a horse barn where we met the beautiful and lovely Rebel. I used to horseback ride every once and a while as a youngling but I hadn't been next to a horse in so so so long and this beautiful creature was ahhh just stunning and breathtaking and majestic. We stood there for a good amount of time just talking and petting him. I didn't want to leave.




And then when we went to leave he was just standing there watching us go and it reminded me so much of when my friends and I went down to a friends cabin in Chillicothe and this dog named Duke followed us around all day and stayed the night and then when we left in the morning he chased the car as we drove away and animals are just the most humane creatures. 






As the sun began to set we demolished delicious chip dip that we made and brought, goofed around with the ouija board, and conversed. After eating my friend and I venture to the other room where we embroidered while listening to Sigur Ros and Dawes on vinyl as the natural lighting dimmed outside. It was one of those moments where I felt very peaceful and content with everything and I was thinking of not the past nor the future but just that moment and the music and the company and the sewing.







And then we spent the night around the bonfire! Oh and we also dabbled in some light-painting (my first time ever!) with cell phones. I put my camera on bulb and took long long exposures of the sky. There was a lot of light from the moon which is why the one that is a good 20 or 30 minute long exposure looks so bright. Also because it got cold (oh ohio weather) and dew formed on my lens (really great for my camera) before I realized. 
















And then the end of the night came when a few of us gathered around the camera and took a good twenty or thirty photos jumping. I am hoping to go back on the 12th or 13th of August for the Perseid meteor shower. What a sight that would be!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment